Ghilotina Reptiles Repellent is a granulated product with active aromatic essences that ward off reptiles from the treated places without harming them, other animals, or humans.
The repellent is intended for professional use only. When applying the product, appropriate gloves are recommended.
Active substances: camphor-oil 5%; co-formulants q.b. at 100.
- safe to the user and the environment;
- easy to apply and use;
- fast-acting and long-lasting;
- can be used in a large variety of outdoor spaces.
How it works
In order to evaluate movement, reptiles use one body part named the Jacobson organ. It is an extrasensory body part located in the upper part of the reptile’s mouth. This organ is used when the reptile uses its tongue. Reptiles Repellent acts by temporarily paralyzing the use of the organ and therefore making it retreat quickly. The repellent has a granular form and can be applied easily, by simply scattering it around houses, cabins, caravans, tents, swimming pools, etc. so the reptiles will keep away from these areas. It’s suitable for use around the garden, but not inside the house. It is not suitable to be applied to planted crops or food in general.
By using it with vapor emitting regulated products, which is the advisable method, it will remain active for two months under normal atmospheric conditions. The product is not affected by heavy rain. However, after a prolonged and strong rain, the treatment has to be repeated. When the characteristic odor of the product diminishes, its effectiveness is reduced.
The product is intended for professional use only. We recommend the use of appropriate gloves when using it.
How to use
- Locate the areas with reptile activity or spaces in which you would like to prevent an infestation, such as gardens, fields, plant rows, wood stacks;
- If reptiles already exist in that area, then leave a covered surface of 2 meters in length where the reptiles can pass by. After a week, enclose the treated space, thus totally blocking access to it. If the treatment is around a lake then the protective line must be placed at 1-2 meters from the lake, all around it. If the lake is very wide, make a “protection barrier” in the direction of the reptile’s habitat on a larger length. If the area that you want to protect does not currently have reptile activity, place the substance on a stretch of about 15-20 cm wide
- You can mix the substance with water but don’t apply it directly to watery spaces. To prevent the reptiles to reach and colonize the lakes, fountains, pools, etc. apply a portion of about 15-20 cm around watery holes;
- The time needed for reptiles to go away after the effect of the substance is taking place in about 48 hours. After that time, reapply repellent along the perimeter on a wide band of about 15-20 cm. Using this method, a container of 1 kg repellent protects approximately 500 m2, or a portion of surface 60-80 m long and 20 cm wide.
- Repeat the treatment every 8-10 days or after rain or potential irrigation for land protection areas. We recommend a double dose for effective treatment.
Do not use for purposes other than those indicated. Preserve the product tightly sealed in the original container in a cool, dry place. Do not store together with food. Read the instructions carefully before use. It contains inert materials and clay, active aromatic essences.