7/64 Teplast, Bird Spikes represent the ideal solution against flying nuisances. It is efficient but gentle and it is perfect for removing birds from spaces such as fences, eaves, railings, or edges.
- UV stabilized polycarbonate base;
- can be installed on any surface;
- spikes made out of stainless steel AISI 302 Ø 0.13;
- up to par with the AFNOR X10CRNI18-8 standard;
- up to par with the ISO 527, ISO 178, ISO 306 standards.
AISI 302 Ø 0.13 stainless steel is non-magnetic and its alloy has superior corrosion resistance qualities.
Protected surface: 7 – 10 cm
Number of spikes per linear meter: 64
How it works
The spikes are easy to use and prevent standing, nesting, or depositing of bodily fluids by the birds, obstructing their disposal in the protected area, without injuring them After a certain period, the birds will avoid the protected areas, as they realize they do not have enough space for landing. The spikes are made out of stainless steel and can be used for several seasons, having a high resistance to direct sunlight and other weather conditions.
How to use
- Install the spikes with the application of silicone adhesive. They must always be glued on a dry, dust-free and solvent-free surface with an installation temperature between + 5 ° C and + 40 ° C and a working temperature between -50 ° C and + 120 ° C;
- If the surface cannot be cleaned, you can adjust the tips using nails or screws. Always spread a line of glue of at least 0.5 mm wide, based on the tips. Never apply a line of adhesive longer than one meter on the surface you want to protect (terrace, roof, etc.);
- The adhesive can dry quickly before the base is positioned, preventing the spikes from adhering properly to the glue. Dry completely in 5 to 8 hours. For installations on wet surfaces, you must use a special quick-drying adhesive (MS Polymer).