5/48 Teplast, Bird Spikes represent the ideal non-lethal solution for keeping birds away from places such as fences, eaves, railings, or edges.
- UV stabilized polycarbonate base;
- can be installed on any surface;
- spikes made of stainless steel AISI 302 Ø 0.13;
- up to par with the AFNOR X10CRNI18-8 standard;
- up to par with the ISO 527, ISO 178, ISO 306 standards.
AISI 302 Ø 0.13 stainless steel is non-magnetic and its alloy has superior corrosion resistance qualities.
Protected surface: 5 – 9 cm
Number of spikes per linear meter: 48 properties
How it works
The spikes prevent standing, nesting, or depositing corrosive materials (excrement) while not having any sort of harmful effect on the birds. They will simply not sit on places protected by the product. After a certain period, they will begin to avoid the protected areas.
How to use
- Install the spikes by applying silicone adhesive. They must always be glued on a dry, dust-free and solvent-free surface with an installation temperature between + 5 ° C and + 40 ° C and a working temperature between -50 ° C and + 120 ° C. If the surface cannot be cleaned, you can adjust the tips using nails or screws.
- Always spread a line of glue at least 0.5 mm wide, based on the tips. Never apply a line of adhesive longer than one meter on the surface you want to protect (terrace, roof, etc.).
- The adhesive has a very short drying time, preventing the spikes from fixating if not enough time is given for proper adherence. Dry completely in 5 to 8 hours. For installations on wet surfaces, you must use a special quick-drying adhesive (MS Polymer).